Killer pleads not guilty to Belmarsh guard attack

Sincity Press Staff 3 hours ago 2 min read 3
Sincity Press Brief

Simon Levy is accused of stabbing a prison guard in the neck with a pen and trying to strangle him.

Double murderer and rapist Simon Levy entered a not‑guilty plea on Monday to charges stemming from an alleged attack on a prison officer at Belmarsh. The 41‑year‑old, who is serving a whole‑life sentence for the murder of two women and the rape of a third, appeared at Westminster Magistrates’ Court where he denied the accusations of causing actual bodily harm and intentional suffocation. Prosecutor David Burns told the tribunal that Levy was finishing a meeting with Belmarsh officer Paul Dunne when he 'attacked him with a pen, stabbing him aggregate times to the limb and neck'. Burns said Dunne fell to the floor and Levy "grabbed the serviceman astur the throat" before allegedly tightening his grip. Levy’s lawyer, Jason Lartey, told the court that his client denies assaulting the officer or grabbing him around the throat. The case has been committed to Inner London Crown Court for trial, with a provisional date set for 14 September. Last week Levy was sentenced for the murders of Carmenza Valencia‑Trujillo, 53, in March 2025 and Sheryl Wilkins, who was killed five months later. In January 2025 he raped a third woman in the Tottenham car park where Wilkins’ body was later found. Prior to these offences Levy had already been convicted of several sexual assaults.