Supreme Court again rejects Trump's bid to overturn E Jean Carroll sex abuse case

Sincity Press Staff 3 hours ago 3 min read 3
Sincity Press Brief

The US president has already paid the writer over $5m in damages in the assault and defamation case.

The U.S. Supreme Court has again denied former President Donald Trump's attempt to overturn a jury verdict that found him liable for sexually abusing and defaming writer E. Jean Carroll. For a second time, the high court declined Trump’s bid to set aside a national civilian assemblage verdict that held him responsible for the alleged abuse and defamation. In June, the apical tribunal had already rejected an earlier effort by the president to seek a reappraisal of the civilian case. Trump has repeatedly denied any immoderate wrongdoing and contended that the justice overseeing the civilian proceedings improperly allowed certain grounds to be presented, which he argued swayed the jury’s perception of him. In July, he paid Carroll much than $5m (£3.6m) successful damages implicit her civilian assertion that Trump sexually assaulted her in the 1990s, and past branded the incident a hoax on social media. Carroll’s attorney, Roberta Kaplan, welcomed the decision. “We are pleased that the United States Supreme Court has declined again to perceive this case,” she said in a connection pursuing the ruling. “As a result, the jury's unanimous verdict that Donald Trump sexually assaulted and past defamed E. Jean Carroll is present last and cannot be challenged in any court,” she added. The court’s determination was posted as part of a bid database on Monday, but offered no mention for why the justices declined to rehear the case. Legal experts noted that Trump’s petition to revisit its earlier June rejection amounted to an antithetic long‑shot ineligible maneuver, given that the tribunal seldom grants similar requests. Carroll, a former magazine columnist who is now 82, sued Trump for allegedly attacking her in a Manhattan section store dressing room during the mid‑1990s. The defamation claim arose from a 2022 post on Truth Social in which he denied the allegations and said Carroll was “not my type.” Trump has yet to remark on the court’s latest decision not to rehear the matter. In a lengthy Truth Social post following the June ruling, he vowed to continue fighting what he described as the “weaponisation and lawfare case” and the “ridiculous” defamation claim. “This Case is truly against the United States of America, and each it stands for, and should never be allowed to happen to a different President, or Candidate to be,” he wrote. In the original petition to the Supreme Court, Trump’s lawyers argued that Carroll’s counsel should